Saturday 2 September 2017

May Peace Be Upon You. :)

Since I am awake, why not I share about my hijab journey. Some might not know but I have been donning the hijab for 3 years now. I still remembered the exact day actually, 27 July 2014. I am very grateful and blessed. I still remembered how I went telling my friends that I will only wear it when I am 30++ or when I have my first child. But who would have knew, I've worn it earlier. Alhamdullilah. We all have a past, I am pretty sure. As I always consistently trying to be a better person, that was a first step. Which was to cover up.

I remembered wearing quite revealing and body hugging clothes. I used to love wearing crop tops, paired with jeans and sneakers. I love those baby doll dresses and high waisted shorts. Any piece of clothing which could see my figure. I used to wear something over those revealing clothes and once I went out of the house. I removed them at the staircase landing. Lol, I find it pretty absurd and funny on how much effort I had put in to do that every time I leave the house. It was damn tiring I swear. My parents are very strict. I was a rebellious kid. My mum would holler at me every single time I wore something above my knees etc.


It was difficult at first, to be clad in a headscarf every time you go out. I was not used to it. I always had the urge to buy all those clothing. It was a battle for me.  But of course, I look back at my ultimate purpose of wearing it. It had me going. I was more watchful of my words. I truly believe that I made more good decisions. I saw the beauty of all these strong women donning this beautiful garment. I loved myself more and I always find myself being a better person, and getting closer to God. I'm no saint. I'm not perfect. I feel the need to improve myself. In my twenties, sometimes I do feel lost but you always have to a close relationship to God. We get carried away too much, sometimes.


Even at 23(yup old alr diam ehhh), I still make mistakes. But what's important is that not only you have the niat to improve. Also make the effort to achieve it. Jangan berbual kosong.